Once again, I am finding myself without adult playmates. For the millionth time, both my sister and my mom are gone at the same time, with Mary on her way out in a month or so. You'd think that would not be a big deal, but when you're used to having them over every day or every other day, there is a big, gaping hole when they aren't there. I realize that not everyone has the luxury of having family around at all, and I'm sorry if that's the case for you. However, for me, it's simply a fact and I really do enjoy it. Senia is always up for going on walks, running errands, or just playing with Hannah while I do something ridiculously wild like take a shower. My mom is great about watching Hannah while I teach piano, also going on errands & walks, and taking Hannah during my "voluntary timeout(s)." Mary is somehow able to play with Hannah, pet our cat Mocha, and visit with me without skipping a beat. (She'll be a great mom!) Above all, though, I enjoy the easy-going, interesting & fun conversation that we can have whilst giving Hannah lots of love and attention. Now granted, I love my moms groups, and they are wonderful for both Hannah and I, providing me support and encouragement, as well as playtime & valuable learning lessons for Hannah. At those, though, the conversation is (understandably) centered on everything "baby" or "toddler." While I thoroughly enjoy that and find it very helpful, there are also times where I just want to talk about the Olympics, or The Office, or maybe even something as profound as feelings or emotions about relationships, faith, etc. Mom, Senia, and Mary are my outlets. So you can see why I might be a little disturbed to find them all gone or leaving...it's not that I don't want them to experience new adventures & enjoy their school, vacations or volunteer opportunities, it's just that sometimes a girl's gotta be a little selfish. :)
And now I'm done ranting.
P.S. I'll give a back rub to the person who can name where that quote is from.
7 comments:
I can't tell you how much I wish I knew that quote...my back is killing me too! I even googled it. This is where it would pay to see more movies. Sigh.
I'll give you a hint: it's not from a movie. :)
a song? Oh, if it's a song then there is no way I'll ever get it. The only song lyrics I have memorized are these: "Fruit salad, yummy, yummy!"
I wish I was there, too. :0( But know that I'm ALWAYS just a phone call away.
LOVE YOU!
OOH! OOH! Is it a quote from Bella?!
How I could use a back rub today. I spent 5 hours highlighting transcripts in financial aid today...
So was it Bella?!
Can you post or e-mail some new pics soon?!
MISS YOU.
This quote was from Friends when Rachel finds out (or she thinks) that Ross' pediatrician is dead.
Post a Comment