Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I've done it...
After trying to ignore the Christmas displays in Fred Meyer, Costco, the mall, etc for the last few weeks, I finally decided yesterday that it was time for me to start listening to Christmas music. (Well, it actually started with someone *cough*Senia*cough* telling me I could get a free "Tennessee Christmas" ringtone, at which point I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching online for "free" ringtones, which don't exist but instead all re-route to the same darn $19.99/month membership.) Anywhoo, after listening to Amy Grant's "It's the Most Wonderful Time of Year" ringtone a number of times this weekend and getting gleefully happy during each 10-second snippet, I decided I would just go ahead & start the rest of the music full-throttle. It has been SO great! I can't tell you how happy it can make me, and you want to know something: Hannah likes it too! The first day I played some in the car (via a local radio station because they are already playing non-stop Christmas music), Hannah started bouncing up & down in her car seat and smiling from ear-to-ear. Amazing! My love of Christmas music has already been passed on...It's all very exciting, and although I will still wait until after Thanksgiving to do any decorating, the "glorious strains" are filling my heart with joy!!! (And no, that is not an exaggeration.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I guess I'm just a bit of a grinch then. On Saturday after I realized that KINK FM was indeed going to only play music from 1968 all stinking day long, I started flipping through the dial in the car. I came upon 103 FM and they are already doing their full time Christmas music. Well, that started it. When we got home Ethan tuned his bedroom radio to 103 and every other radio in the house. He listens to Christmas music every chance he gets, including while he's drifting off to sleep. Sunday morning, I woke up to the boys playing "Christmas" downstairs and making paper ornaments for our fake ficus tree. Ethan had 3 radio's playing the same station at the same time so he could have surround sound.
Anyway, I think the Christmas music is starting a bit early for me this year. I need to pace myself so I'm not tired of it before Dec 25.
Yay Christmas music! I am slowly phasing it in. I think I'll switch my I-tune radio/homework music to Christmas after Thanksgiving... and the car radio.
But i completely understand how ridiculously happy it can make you.
Especially Amy.
You're making me want to listen to it now!
Post a Comment