I have to say, typing those words in the subject line was not as hard as I might have thought. Today, after a few days of cool, overcast weather & the threat of rain lingering in the air, it finally rained. I've actually been looking forward to a good cleansing rain lately, especially earlier this week & last week when the smoke from wildfires seemed to be hanging heavily in our air. So when I saw a few sprinkles on the windshield this afternoon, I got a little happy! My excitement progressed as I drove around noticing the MANY fallen/brightly colored leaves, the signs for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and the distinct Fall chill in the air. Although it didn't really start raining until evening, you could feel it coming on, and something about it made me want to curl up with a blanket, a hot beverage, and a glowing candle next to me! Even though the real rain started right after Keith & I set out on a walk with the girls, I wasn't that bothered. I guess after enjoying these last few weeks of warm, 80-degree days, I am just ready for Fall! It's a good thing, because here it comes!
I know part of my excitement and happiness is related to a new season of Women's Bible Study that starts up at church next week. I love Fall season of Bible Study because everyone comes ready to gear up and get started, and with the studies we're doing, it's a good idea to gear up! (The book of Daniel, by Beth Moore; and Experiencing God--the life-changing study I did over the summer!) I'm really looking forward to beginning again. :)
Even now, as I glance outside, it's almost completely dark. Amazing how fast all of that changes, and yet each season & moment is so perfectly created & timed by our Creator. It's a wonderful reminder to see those seasonal differences!
I hope everyone can enjoy something special about this season, and that you can take time to bask in the wonder of Fall!
1 comment:
I'm reading this early in the morning. The kids are still sleeping, so I took advantage of the quiet time. I've got my hot coffee with sweet cream, a Christmas candle burning, my office window open (with the cool Fall air coming in) & I'm in sweats and a sweater. This was such a good read. It almost felt like you were sitting here with me. Your writing is so good. I love you! - Ang
Post a Comment