For the next few weeks, I'm taking a break from facebook. It has been a little hard to get used to, and I find myself saying "I wish I could write that as a status on FB!" However, I know that God is going to teach me lots of things during all the time I would normally spend on Facebook...as long as I spend the time wisely. So far, I've found that it is a great time to pray, to crochet, to have fun with Hannah, to read, to reflect on my family & what a blessed life we live, to read my bible, to cook, to bake, and today, I found that it's a great time to clean random spots that need said cleaning. :) For example, how often do I wipe down the washer & dryer? From the looks of the rag I used, not often enough. :) Now it's all sparkly clean, with a load of rags in the wash. There's something about cleaning my pile of rags feels good.
I am also currently cooking up some dry beans for a soup tonight, complete with a chicken carcass. Now normally, that would really not be a step I'd be willing to take, but I feel so thrifty & "waste-not-want-not!" There's something about using every bit of a whole chicken.
Hannah is out playing in the backyard with nothing but the garden hose. She is really intrigued and interested in all the nozzle choices, and has been out there for at least 45 minutes already. In the meantime, she may or may not have peed her pants, and she's probably getting really dirty, but I'm actually okay with it. There's something about letting your kids play out in the backyard on their own.
Gemma is waking up from her nap right now, and I am having fun listening to her gibber gabber up in her crib by herself. She is really coming into her own personality lately, and I love that she says "Mommy" very clearly now. I also love how she reaches up for me to pick her up and then rests her head on my shoulder in the most loving, tender way. There's something about baby hugs.
Thanks for listening in this afternoon. Stay posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment