Monday, June 27, 2011

She did it!

As I was thinking about writing this post, I realized that most people will think I'm talking about Gemma walking...which she hasn't learned how to do yet. :) However, she learned how to do something else that I've been trying to teach her for the last few weeks: drink the remaining milk from her cheerios bowl in the morning! Hahaha.
Here's are the pics of her, showing how proud she is of her accomplishment:



Gemma has been so fun to watch lately, as she's learning lots of words, and similar to her personality, even her babbling is spoken in a cheerful, lilting manner. :) She say's book ("buh?" with a questioning tone), doggy, kitty, sissy, mama/mommy, daddy ("dehddy"), thank you (day-doo), and most recently, "Chee", which, depending on the situation, can either be Cheerios or Cheese (for smiles or the food). She also still says "moh" and "mil" (more and milk), and I think she's starting to say "pees" (please) and juice. It's so fun to hear all the words & ideas that are starting to form in her little mind, and I love hearing her "talking" to Hannah, as she's doing right now.

This weekend we had one more celebration for Hannah's birthday, this time with Grandma & Grandpa J. My mom and I were agreeing that Hannah has been the most excited for this birthday, and she has seemed to understand the significance more this year than even last year. For one thing, she talked about it/started making her list a few days after Christmas! For another, since her actual birthday, she's been saying "I'm a four-year-old now!" so I know she gets that she is now a different age. It's really fun, as I've always loved birthdays! :)
Here is a pic of her new dress-up dress from Grandma. (Hannah's doing her normal twirling pose that is so common when she wears any kind of dress.)


These last pics are some I was quite proud of...yesterday Keith was doing a few things out in the garage and so Gemma hung out in the yard for a while. I caught her playing with some dried grass & stuff, and it was the perfect picture op!

2 comments:

AngelaP said...

I love the photos and reading your beautiful commentary on the girls. This is so much more personal than FB. Well done!
Love you!
Ang

Carmen said...

My Vivi doesn't really talk yet. Wish she would. Great pictures. That Gemma has the cutest expressions!