Monday, June 27, 2011

She REALLY did it!

Gemma took her first steps tonight! It was very exciting and sweet, and she was thrilled with all the attention it got her. :) It was as if she was thinking "Man, I should have done this a lot sooner! Look at the reaction I'm getting!" Keith started by standing her up against the couch and then calling her over (a tactic that worked successfully with Hannah, too.) I heard him saying "Good job!", so I rushed in to watch the progress. She definitely took a couple steps before lunging towards whoever was sitting in front of her at the time. (Alternating between Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy Hannah.) Hannah got a big kick out of it too, and she was so proud of her little sissy! :)
As much as I'd love to share the video we caught with Keith's phone, it won't upload correctly for some reason. :( Boo! Here is a picture that definitely doesn't do the experience justice, and you'll just have to imagine the infectious giggle that accompanied each step my little baby girl took towards her cheering family. (Sniff, sniff...)


We'll try to figure out the problem with the video (and let me know if you have any ideas...) to hopefully post it later this week.

Thanks for sharing in this momentous occasion! :)

1 comment:

Carmen said...

So cute! That is a great action shot!